This guide of San Francisco in 3 days It has several routes on foot, by tram and boat, so you do not miss any important place in one of the essential cities of the United States.
During the first two days you will have visited the most interesting neighborhoods of San Francisco such as Castro, Fisherman's Wharf, Mission and Haight Ashbury, in addition to visiting the main tourist attractions such as Alcatraz Island and the Golden Gate for this third day, we propose a route through the city center, a cruise on the bay and a visit to the beautiful town of Sausalito.
To design all the routes of the San Francisco in three days We have based ourselves on the four days we spent in the city during our trip through the National Parks of the Western United States in 25 days and by rental car.
Practical advice for San Francisco
This list of practical tips will help you prepare a trip to San Francisco:
- To get from the airport to downtown San Francisco or to your hotel, you have several options: subway, bus, taxi or this direct transfer to the hotel. For more information you have this post on how to go from San Francisco airport to downtown.
- To sleep we recommend Grant Hotel, our accommodation during our stay in the city that in addition to an excellent quality / price ratio has a good connection with the points of interest of the city and the airport.
- At least 3 days before traveling to San Francisco you have to take out the ESTA, which costs $ 14 and allows you to enter the United States. Remember that it is very important to verify that you are doing it from the official website since in recent times there have been websites that are not the official ones and they do this procedure but for more than 80 dollars.
- As we always say, prevention is better than cure, and more in a country where the minimum medical operation can cost you more than $ 20,000. That is why it is essential to hire the best travel insurance for the United States, do not forget it!
- If it is your first time in the city it can be very interesting to book a free tour of San Francisco for free! or this more complete tour by minibus, both with a guide in Spanish.
- Check that you have completed this list of the 10 best things to see and do in San Francisco.
- Read this post of the best cards to travel without commissions and use the N26 card to pay in business and the BNEXT card to get money from ATMs. With both you will save money and you will save commissions.
- If you want to have internet in San Francisco, a good option is to buy a Holafly SIM card, with which you will have internet from the moment you land, several GB of data, keeping your WhatsApp number and support service in Spanish. You can buy your Holafly prepaid SIM card here with a 5% discount for being our reader.
- If you are going to carry out several payment activities in the San Francisco in 3 days, it is advisable to check whether two cards with which you can save a lot of money are included in the San Francisco Explorer Pass card or in the Go San Francisco Card.
For more recommendations you can consult this post of tips to travel to San Francisco essential.
First day in San Francisco
The first day of San Francisco in three days It starts early in the morning at the viewpoints of the fantastic Golden Gate, Battery East and Battery Spencer.
After taking hundreds of photos of this bridge, you will arrive by bus or car at Pier 33, from where the boats depart to visit Alcatraz, the famous San Francisco prison. Something very important not to run out of space, is to book in advance the entry on this official page or make this guided tour of the city with a guide in Spanish that includes the jail.
Map of the route through San Francisco in three days